Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Mosaic




Last summer I took a mosaic class and loved it and came up with the great idea of putting a mosaic on the porch. I haunted the Rebuilding Center and the Restore (Habitat for Humanity) looking for just the right tiles to use for the mosaic. A friend even gave me some left over tiles. After all of my searches and purchasing I had everything I needed to begin the project. Well by then the flowers in that bed were too tall and I couldn't do the mosaic.

I was sure first thing this spring that I would start my project, but I had other excuses and didn't get around to it. So yesterday I decided that this was the time. I got out the glue gun and the tiles I selected for the base layer and began the project. As you can see I waited just a bit long and now have to deal with the dahlia's that are already starting to grow.

This is going to be a learning experience so I decided to the heck with straight lines, let's just jump in and get going. I have begun the project and can't wait to get going on it.
Of course today it's raining so the project is on hold.





No comments:

Post a Comment